Osaka University GCOE Summer Seminar Program for Electronic Devices
Academic Melting-Pot 2008 (AMP2008)
July 7 - August 1, 2008
Program Book Now Available
- Program Outline
- PDF file (3Mb) Download
- Campus / Access / Hotel
- PDF file (1Mb) Download
- Program Schedule
- PDF file (enter the password to open) (5.4Mb) Download
- PDF file (enter the password to open) (17Mb) Download
- A. Outline of the program
- Osaka University Global Center of Excellence (GCOE) Program of "Center for Electronic Devices Innovation" organizes a residential, four-week summer seminar program for young researchers "AMP2008" focusing on the topic in electronic devices, which will be held on July 7 - August 1, 2008. The seminar will mainly take place at Osaka University as a research internship program. The purpose of the seminar is to provide young researchers with opportunities to learn the research topics of frontier electronic devices, progressed within the GCOE program.
- B. Program contents
- The program consists of a four-week international research and several activities.
- International Research Experience
- ・Internship research focusing on theoretical or experimental
electronic devices at
one of the prestigious laboratories in Osaka University.
- ・Meeting for research reports by participants in the final
The research experience will enable the participants to:
- –Conduct hands-on research in electronic devices through collaboration in an international research effort
- –Develop inter-cultural skills through placement in a Japanese research laboratory
- –Establish strong research networks to facilitate further study and international collaboration in the field of electronic devices
- ・Internship research focusing on theoretical or experimental electronic devices at
- Other Activities
- The program is planning several events as follows.
- C. Program expense
- Attendance fee is free.
We can support the following expenses:
- –Travel Expense
- –Local Hospitality
- –Allowance for Meals
- –Accommodation near Osaka Univ.
- –Expenses for Events during the Program
Travel expense will be reimbursed to the extent possible; typically to the order of US$ 1,000 for overseas participants. Discounted economy tickets for the air flight are strongly recommended.
Participants are responsible for any other private expenses during the stay in Japan, such as independent sightseeing, travel, gifts, and so on.
- D. Application procedure for the program
- For the seminar program of "AMP2008", we welcome applications of young researchers, such as, graduate students, post doctoral fellows and early career faculty. Participants are expected to be actively researching electronic devices.
- Documents for the application:
- (i) Application Form
Please download the file of Application Form, and fill it out.
- (ii) Recommendation Letter
Required if you are graduate students or post doctoral fellows.
Please submit the Excel (XLS) file of Application Form and the PDF file of Recommendation Letter to the GCOE office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as e-mail attachments. Please include "AMP2008" in the subject line of your e-mail, and include your last name in each document file name (e.g. smith_application.xls, recommendation(smith).pdf). The deadline for the application is February 15, 2008. All applications will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- (i) Application Form
- Applications will be reviewed by the committee in Osaka University GCOE program and selected within the matching for research projects. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by the beginning of March.
- E. Research projects and their project leaders
- Please select one of the research projects in the Application Form.
To learn more about the research projects: see the website of each research project and its leader, or find the research group website in Osaka University.
- F. Contact
- To obtain further information, please contact the GCOE office.
GCOE Leader: Prof. Kenji Taniguchi
Osaka University GCOE Office of "Center for Electronic Devices
Division of Electrical, Electronic and Information Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University,
2-1 Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, JAPAN